PE Civil Reference Manual
Available in Print or eTextbook
Michael R. Lindeburg, PE’s PE Civil Reference Manual, 16th Edition (CERM16) is the only reference you need to prepare for the Breadth portion of the PE Civil exam. This comprehensive manual follows NCEES exam specifications and addresses complex topics by parsing them into condensed, understandable, readable sections. Offering a complete review of all exam topics, this reference manual is up-to-date to the current exam specifications and design standards, and employs instructional design to enable comprehensive understanding that builds exam confidence. The PE Civil exam is a 9-hour, closed-book computer-based test (CBT) that is now offered year-round at approved Pearson Vue testing centers. Use this reference manual to fully prepare for the exam.
- Complete exam review for the Breadth portion of the PE Civil exam
- Brief overview of each afternoon Depth exam
- Up-to-date codes including: AASHTO, HCM, IBC, ACI and more
- Recommendations for a study schedule to keep you on track
- Exam tips for exam-day readiness
Add on the PE Civil Companion for the 16th Edition as a convenient side-by-side companion offering a comprehensive index with thousands of entries covering all topics; over 100 appendices; and over 550 common civil engineering definitions.
- One year of access
- Ability to download the entire eTextbook to multiple devices, so you can study even without internet access
- An auto sync feature across all your devices for a seamless experience on or offline
- Unique study tools such as highlighting in six different colors to tailor your study experience
- Features like read aloud for complete hands-free review
After you pass
PE Civil Reference Manual, 16th Edition will serve as an invaluable reference throughout your civil engineering career.
The PE exams are not considered easy to pass, but the exam will become easier if the content reflects topics that you're familiar with from your current line of work. Think about your career goals when considering the PE exam. Are you seeking a promotion in your current role? You should select the exam that best supports your current career. Are you trying to switch industries? Choose the exam that will set you up for success in your new field. Rather than seek out the easiest PE exam, select the one that will support your goals.