FE Mechanical Practice Problems
Available in Print or eTextbook
Michael R. Lindeburg, PE’s FE Mechanical Practice Problems offers comprehensive practice for the NCEES FE Mechanical exam. This book features over 460 three-minute, multiple-choice, exam-like practice problems to illustrate the type of problems you will encounter during the exam. It also features clear, complete, and easy-to-follow solutions to deepen your understanding of all knowledge areas covered on the exam. Additionally, there are step-by-step calculations using equations and nomenclature from the NCEES FE Reference Handbook to familiarize you with the only reference you will have on exam day. For best results, purchase this book along with the FE Mechanical Review.
FE Mechanical Practice Problems features include:
- over 460 three-minute, multiple-choice, exam-like practice problems
- clear, complete, and easy-to-follow solutions
- step-by-step calculations using equations and nomenclature from the NCEES FE Reference Handbook
Mechanical Engineering Exam Topics Covered
- Computational Tools
- Dynamics, Kinematics, and Vibrations
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Engineering Economics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Material Properties and Processing
- Measurement, Instrumentation, and Controls
- Mechanical Design and Analysis
- Mechanics of Materials
- Probability and Statistics
- One year of access
- Ability to download the entire eTextbook to multiple devices, so you can study even without internet access
- An auto sync feature across all your devices for a seamless experience on or offline
- Unique study tools such as highlighting in six different colors to tailor your study experience
- Features like read aloud for complete hands-free review
There are a few ways to begin your FE prep depending on time available, content knowledge, and more—but these six steps will put you on a path for success no matter where you stand.
- Get the NCEES FE Reference Handbook, and use it alongside your FE Review Manual.
- Determine which knowledge areas you need more help with through your FE Review Manual’s diagnostic exams.
- Make a schedule before beginning to ensure you can cover all of the exam topics.
- Work through every exam subject—skipping your weaker subjects won’t prepare you for success.
- Be thorough. Don’t skip over any problems, solutions, or necessary reference materials.
- Complete as many practice problems as possible. Fast recall will be critical on the FE exam and developing an instinct for how problems look will help you succeed.
- FE Chemical: 73%
- FE Civil: 62%
- FE Electrical and Computer: 73%
- FE Environmental: 70%
- FE Industrial: 62%
- FE Mechanical: 71%
- FE Other Disciplines: 65%
- Nondisclosure agreement (2 minutes)
- Tutorial (8 minutes)
- Exam (5 hours and 20 minutes)
- Scheduled break (25 minutes)