FE Mechanical Review Manual
Available in Print or eTextbook
Michael R. Lindeburg, PE’s FE Mechanical Review Manual offers a complete review for the FE Mechanical exam. This book is part of a comprehensive learning management system designed to help you pass the FE exam the first time.
Features of FE Mechanical Review include:
- complete coverage of all exam knowledge areas
- equations, figures, and tables of the NCEES FE Reference Handbook in blue boxes to familiarize you with the only reference you’ll have on exam day
- concise explanations supported by exam-like example problems, with step-by-step solutions to reinforce the theory and application of fundamental concepts
- a robust index with thousands of terms
- a guarantee you'll pass the exam or we will refund your purchase. Click here to view the FE guarantee page for complete details.
Mechanical Engineering Topics Covered
- Computational Tools
- Dynamics, Kinematics, and Vibrations
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Engineering Economics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Material Properties and Processing
- Measurement, Instrumentation, and Controls
- Mechanical Design and Analysis
- Mechanics of Materials
- Probability and Statistics
- One year of access
- Ability to download the entire eTextbook to multiple devices, so you can study even without internet access
- An auto sync feature across all your devices for a seamless experience on or offline
- Unique study tools such as highlighting in six different colors to tailor your study experience
- Features like read aloud for complete hands-free review
There are a few ways to begin your FE prep depending on time available, content knowledge, and more—but these six steps will put you on a path for success no matter where you stand.
- Get the NCEES FE Reference Handbook, and use it alongside your FE Review Manual.
- Determine which knowledge areas you need more help with through your FE Review Manual’s diagnostic exams.
- Make a schedule before beginning to ensure you can cover all of the exam topics.
- Work through every exam subject—skipping your weaker subjects won’t prepare you for success.
- Be thorough. Don’t skip over any problems, solutions, or necessary reference materials.
- Complete as many practice problems as possible. Fast recall will be critical on the FE exam and developing an instinct for how problems look will help you succeed.
- FE Chemical: 73%
- FE Civil: 62%
- FE Electrical and Computer: 73%
- FE Environmental: 70%
- FE Industrial: 62%
- FE Mechanical: 71%
- FE Other Disciplines: 65%
- Nondisclosure agreement (2 minutes)
- Tutorial (8 minutes)
- Exam (5 hours and 20 minutes)
- Scheduled break (25 minutes)