NEW! PE Structural 16-Hour Practice Exam for Buildings
6th Edition - Updated to the most recent NCEES PE Structural Codes.
Print Book or *eTextbook Option
NEW EDITION! PE Structural 16-Hour Practice Exam for Buildings, Sixth Edition offers comprehensive practice for the NCEES SE exam. This book is part of a comprehensive learning management system designed to help you pass the SE exam the first time.
PE Structural 16-Hour Practice Exam for Buildings, Sixth Edition features include:
- The Most Realistic Practice for the SE Exam
- Two 40-problem, multiple-choice breadth exams
- Two four-essay depth exams consistent with the NCEES SE exam’s format and specifications
- Multiple-choice problems require an average of six minutes to solve
- Essay problems can be solved in one hour
- Comprehensive step-by-step solutions for all problems demonstrate accurate and efficient problem-solving approaches
- Solutions to the depth exams’ essay problems use blue text to identify the information you will be expected to include in your exam booklet to receive full credit
- Supplemental content uses black text to enhance your understanding of the solution process.
Referenced Codes and Standards
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (AASHTO)
- Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (TMS 402/602)
- Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- Minimum Design Loads and Associated Criteria for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE/SEI 7)
- National Design Specification for Wood Construction and NDS Supplement: Design Values for Wood Construction (NDS)
- North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members (AISI S100)
- Seismic Design Manual (AISC)
- Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic (SDPWS)
- Steel Construction Manual (AISC)
- One year of access
- Ability to download the entire eTextbook to multiple devices, so you can study even without internet access
- An auto sync feature across all your devices for a seamless experience on or offline
- Unique study tools such as highlighting in six different colors to tailor your study experience
- Features like read aloud for complete hands-free review
The PE exams are not considered easy to pass, but the exam will become easier if the content reflects topics that you're familiar with from your current line of work. Think about your career goals when considering the PE exam. Are you seeking a promotion in your current role? You should select the exam that best supports your current career. Are you trying to switch industries? Choose the exam that will set you up for success in your new field. Rather than seek out the easiest PE exam, select the one that will support your goals.