FE Environmental Practice
Available in Print or eTextbook
FE Environmental Practice delivers exam-like practice problems with easy-to-follow solutions that deepen your knowledge of key concepts and build exam confidence. With calculations that reference the NCEES FE Reference Handbook, you’re guaranteed to be ready for exam day.
- Over 100 practice problems, with full solutions to help you check your answers and steps
- Two 110-problem practice exams
- Clear, complete, and easy-to-follow solutions to deepen your understanding of all knowledge areas covered in the exam
- Step-by-step calculations using equations and nomenclature from the NCEES FE Reference Handbook to familiarize you with the reference you’ll have on exam day
- Probability and Statistics
- Ethics and Business Practices
- Engineering Economics
- Materials Science
- Environmental Science and Chemistry
- Risk Assessment
- Fluid Mechanics
- Water Resources
- Water and Wastewater
- Air Quality
- Solid and Hazardous Waste
- Groundwater and Soils
eTexbook access benefits include:
- One year of access
- Ability to download the entire eTextbook to multiple devices, so you can study even without internet access
- An auto sync feature across all your devices for a seamless experience on or offline
- Unique study tools such as highlighting in six different colors to tailor your study experience
- Features like read aloud for complete hands-free review
There are a few ways to begin your FE prep depending on time available, content knowledge, and more—but these six steps will put you on a path for success no matter where you stand.
- Get the NCEES FE Reference Handbook, and use it alongside your FE Review Manual.
- Determine which knowledge areas you need more help with through your FE Review Manual’s diagnostic exams.
- Make a schedule before beginning to ensure you can cover all of the exam topics.
- Work through every exam subject—skipping your weaker subjects won’t prepare you for success.
- Be thorough. Don’t skip over any problems, solutions, or necessary reference materials.
- Complete as many practice problems as possible. Fast recall will be critical on the FE exam and developing an instinct for how problems look will help you succeed.
- FE Chemical: 73%
- FE Civil: 62%
- FE Electrical and Computer: 73%
- FE Environmental: 70%
- FE Industrial: 62%
- FE Mechanical: 71%
- FE Other Disciplines: 65%
- Nondisclosure agreement (2 minutes)
- Tutorial (8 minutes)
- Exam (5 hours and 20 minutes)
- Scheduled break (25 minutes)