FE Electrical and Computer Review Manual
Available in Print or eTextbook
Michael R. Lindeburg, PE’s FE Electrical and Computer Review Manual offers complete coverage of the Electrical and Computer FE exam knowledge areas and the relevant elements—equations, figures, and tables—from the NCEES FE Reference Handbook. With 15 mini-exams to assess your grasp of the exam’s knowledge areas, and concise explanations of thousands of equations and hundreds of figures and tables, the Review Manual contains everything you need to succeed on the Electrical and Computer FE exam.
The Review Manual organizes the Handbook elements logically, grouping related concepts. All Handbook elements are featured in blue boxes for easy identification, familiarizing you with the only reference you will have on exam day. Equations and their associated variations and values are clearly presented. Descriptions are succinct and supported by exam-like example problems, with step-by-step solutions to reinforce the theory and application of fundamental concepts. Thousands of terms are indexed to facilitate cross-referencing.
- Complete coverage of all exam knowledge areas
- Equations, figures, and tables from the NCEES FE Reference Handbook in blue boxes to familiarize you with the only reference you’ll have on exam day
- Concise explanations supported by exam-like example problems, with step-by-step solutions to reinforce the theory and application of fundamental concepts
- A robust index with thousands of terms
Electrical and Computer Engineering Topics Covered:
- Circuit Analysis and Linear Systems
- Communications and Signal Processing
- Computer Networks and Systems
- Control Systems
- Digital Systems
- Engineering Economics
- Engineering Sciences
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Probability and Statistics
- Properties of Electrical Materials
*eTextbook access benefits include:
- One year of access
- Ability to download the entire eTextbook to multiple devices, so you can study even without internet access
- An auto sync feature across all your devices for a seamless experience on or offline
- Unique study tools such as highlighting in six different colors to tailor your study experience
- Features like read aloud for complete hands-free review
There are a few ways to begin your FE prep depending on time available, content knowledge, and more—but these six steps will put you on a path for success no matter where you stand.
- Get the NCEES FE Reference Handbook, and use it alongside your FE Review Manual.
- Determine which knowledge areas you need more help with through your FE Review Manual’s diagnostic exams.
- Make a schedule before beginning to ensure you can cover all of the exam topics.
- Work through every exam subject—skipping your weaker subjects won’t prepare you for success.
- Be thorough. Don’t skip over any problems, solutions, or necessary reference materials.
- Complete as many practice problems as possible. Fast recall will be critical on the FE exam and developing an instinct for how problems look will help you succeed.
- FE Chemical: 73%
- FE Civil: 62%
- FE Electrical and Computer: 73%
- FE Environmental: 70%
- FE Industrial: 62%
- FE Mechanical: 71%
- FE Other Disciplines: 65%
- Nondisclosure agreement (2 minutes)
- Tutorial (8 minutes)
- Exam (5 hours and 20 minutes)
- Scheduled break (25 minutes)