FE Chemical Practice Problems
Available in Print or eTextbook
Michael R. Lindeburg, PE’s FE Chemical Practice Problems offers comprehensive practice for the NCEES FE Chemical exam. This book is part of a complete learning management system designed to help you pass the FE exam the first time.
FE Chemical Practice Problems features include:
- over 600 three-minute, multiple-choice, exam-like practice problems to illustrate the type of problems you’ll encounter during the exam
- clear, complete, and easy-to-follow solutions to deepen your understanding of all knowledge areas covered in the exam
- step-by-step calculations using equations and nomenclature from the NCEES FE Reference Handbook to familiarize you with the reference you’ll have on exam day
Exam Topics Covered
- Chemical Reaction
- Computational Tools
- Engineering Sciences
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Fluid Mechanics/Dynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Mass Transfer and Separation
- Material/Energy Balances
- Materials Science
- Probability and Statistics
- Process Control
- Process Design and Economics
- Safety, Health, and Environment
- 1-year of access
- ability to download the entire eTextbook to multiple devices, so you can study even without internet access
- an auto sync feature across all your devices for a seamless experience on or offline
- unique study tools such as highlighting in six different colors to tailor your study experience
- features like read aloud for complete hands-free review
There are a few ways to begin your FE prep depending on time available, content knowledge, and more—but these six steps will put you on a path for success no matter where you stand.
- Get the NCEES FE Reference Handbook, and use it alongside your FE Review Manual.
- Determine which knowledge areas you need more help with through your FE Review Manual’s diagnostic exams.
- Make a schedule before beginning to ensure you can cover all of the exam topics.
- Work through every exam subject—skipping your weaker subjects won’t prepare you for success.
- Be thorough. Don’t skip over any problems, solutions, or necessary reference materials.
- Complete as many practice problems as possible. Fast recall will be critical on the FE exam and developing an instinct for how problems look will help you succeed.
- FE Chemical: 73%
- FE Civil: 62%
- FE Electrical and Computer: 73%
- FE Environmental: 70%
- FE Industrial: 62%
- FE Mechanical: 71%
- FE Other Disciplines: 65%
- Nondisclosure agreement (2 minutes)
- Tutorial (8 minutes)
- Exam (5 hours and 20 minutes)
- Scheduled break (25 minutes)