FE Other Disciplines Review
Available in Print or eTextbook
Michael R. Lindeburg, PE’s FE Other Disciplines Review Manual offers complete coverage of the NCEES FE Other Disciplines exam knowledge areas and the relevant elements—equations, figures, and tables—from the NCEES FE Reference Handbook. With concise explanations of thousands of equations, and hundreds of figures and tables, the FE Other Disciplines Review Manual contains everything you need to successfully prepare for the FE Other Disciplines exam.
- Complete coverage of all exam knowledge areas
- Equations, figures, and tables of the NCEES FE Reference Handbook in blue boxes to familiarize you with the only reference you’ll have on exam day
- Concise explanations supported by exam-like example problems, with step-by-step solutions to reinforce the theory and application of fundamental concepts
A robust index with thousands of terms to facilitate referencing
Other Disciplines Engineering Topics Covered:
- Electricity, Power, and Magnetism
- Engineering Economics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Fluid Mechanics and Dynamics of Gases and Liquids
- Heat, Mass, and Energy Transfer
- Instrumentation and Data Acquisition
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Probability and Statistics
- Safety, Health, and Environment
- Strength of Materials
*eTextbook access benefits include:
- One year of access
- Ability to download the entire eTextbook to multiple devices, so you can study even without internet access
- An auto sync feature across all your devices for a seamless experience on or offline
- Unique study tools such as highlighting in six different colors to tailor your study experience
- Features like read aloud for complete hands-free review
There are a few ways to begin your FE prep depending on time available, content knowledge, and more—but these six steps will put you on a path for success no matter where you stand.
- Get the NCEES FE Reference Handbook, and use it alongside your FE Review Manual.
- Determine which knowledge areas you need more help with through your FE Review Manual’s diagnostic exams.
- Make a schedule before beginning to ensure you can cover all of the exam topics.
- Work through every exam subject—skipping your weaker subjects won’t prepare you for success.
- Be thorough. Don’t skip over any problems, solutions, or necessary reference materials.
- Complete as many practice problems as possible. Fast recall will be critical on the FE exam and developing an instinct for how problems look will help you succeed.
- FE Chemical: 73%
- FE Civil: 62%
- FE Electrical and Computer: 73%
- FE Environmental: 70%
- FE Industrial: 62%
- FE Mechanical: 71%
- FE Other Disciplines: 65%
- Nondisclosure agreement (2 minutes)
- Tutorial (8 minutes)
- Exam (5 hours and 20 minutes)
- Scheduled break (25 minutes)