Industrial Discipline-Specific Review for the FE/EIT Exam, Print
- 60 practice problems, with full solutions
- 2 complete 4-hour exams
- Coverage of all the topics on the industrial section of the exam
Problems Cover These Exam Topics:
- Engineering Economics
- Probability and Statistics
- Modeling and Computation
- Industrial Management
- Manufacturing and Production Systems
- Facilities and Logistics
- Human Factors, Productivity, Ergonomics, and Work Design
This book is part of PPI’s Legacy Series—products developed for the former pencil-and-paper version of the NCEES FE exam, which is now delivered as a computer-based-test (CBT). Some of the content may appear in PPI’s current CBT FE exam products.
There are a few ways to begin your FE prep depending on time available, content knowledge, and more—but these six steps will put you on a path for success no matter where you stand.
- Get the NCEES FE Reference Handbook, and use it alongside your FE Review Manual.
- Determine which knowledge areas you need more help with through your FE Review Manual’s diagnostic exams.
- Make a schedule before beginning to ensure you can cover all of the exam topics.
- Work through every exam subject—skipping your weaker subjects won’t prepare you for success.
- Be thorough. Don’t skip over any problems, solutions, or necessary reference materials.
- Complete as many practice problems as possible. Fast recall will be critical on the FE exam and developing an instinct for how problems look will help you succeed.
- FE Chemical: 73%
- FE Civil: 62%
- FE Electrical and Computer: 73%
- FE Environmental: 70%
- FE Industrial: 62%
- FE Mechanical: 71%
- FE Other Disciplines: 65%
- Nondisclosure agreement (2 minutes)
- Tutorial (8 minutes)
- Exam (5 hours and 20 minutes)
- Scheduled break (25 minutes)