FE Review Manual
Available in Print or eTextbook
Michael R. Lindeburg PE’s FE Review Manual, 3rd Edition has been helping students pass the exam for more than 20 years. It is the go-to study book for the original FE exam.
- Equations, figures, and tables from the NCEES FE Reference Handbook to familiarize you with the reference you’ll have on exam day
- 13 diagnostic exams to assess your grasp of knowledge areas covered in each chapter
- concise explanations supported by exam-like example problems, with step-by-step solutions to reinforce the Theory and application of fundamental concepts
- A robust index with thousands of terms to facilitate referencing
- Computational Tools
- Dynamics, Kinematics, and Vibrations
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Engineering Economics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Material Properties and Processing
- Measurement, Instrumentation, and Controls
- Mechanical Design and Analysis
- Mechanics of Materials
- Probability and Statistics
- One year of access
- Ability to download the entire eTextbook to multiple devices, so you can study even without internet access
- An auto sync feature across all your devices for a seamless experience on or offline
- Unique study tools such as highlighting in six different colors to tailor your study experience
- Features like read aloud for complete hands-free review
There are a few ways to begin your FE prep depending on time available, content knowledge, and more—but these six steps will put you on a path for success no matter where you stand.
- Get the NCEES FE Reference Handbook, and use it alongside your FE Review Manual.
- Determine which knowledge areas you need more help with through your FE Review Manual’s diagnostic exams.
- Make a schedule before beginning to ensure you can cover all of the exam topics.
- Work through every exam subject—skipping your weaker subjects won’t prepare you for success.
- Be thorough. Don’t skip over any problems, solutions, or necessary reference materials.
- Complete as many practice problems as possible. Fast recall will be critical on the FE exam and developing an instinct for how problems look will help you succeed.
- FE Chemical: 73%
- FE Civil: 62%
- FE Electrical and Computer: 73%
- FE Environmental: 70%
- FE Industrial: 62%
- FE Mechanical: 71%
- FE Other Disciplines: 65%
- Nondisclosure agreement (2 minutes)
- Tutorial (8 minutes)
- Exam (5 hours and 20 minutes)
- Scheduled break (25 minutes)