FE Civil Exams: 5 Practice Exams With Step-By-Step Solutions
Available in Print or eTextbook
FE Civil Exams includes five full FE Civil practice exams containing 110 problems each (550 total), featuring both multiple-choice and Alternative Item Types (AIT’s) to provide an experience just like exam day. This book is designed to prepare you for the Computer-Based Testing (CBT) FE exam taken at Pearson Vue test centers. Prepare for exam day by taking the practice exams just before you sit for your exam.
The FE Civil exam problems are designed to be solved in three-minutes or less to demonstrate the format and difficulty of the exam and allow you to gauge your skill level. These FE Civil practice exams are constructed to reinforce your understanding of civil engineering concepts and equations found in the NCEES FE Reference Handbook. Step-by-step solutions are provided for all problems so you can review problem-solving methods. Also included is a detailed appendix to help you find each solution’s related equations and engineering concepts in the NCEES Handbook. This book is key to making sure you are prepared for exam day.
Book Features Include:
- Five 110-question FE Civil practice exams (550 in total)
- A mix of multiple-choice questions and alternative item types (AITs)
- Problems are designed to be solved in three minutes or less just like the actual exam
Civil Engineering Topics Covered:
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Engineering Economics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Fluid Mechanics
- Water Resources and Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- One year of access
- Ability to download the entire eTextbook to multiple devices, so you can study even without internet access
- An auto sync feature across all your devices for a seamless experience on or offline
- Unique study tools such as highlighting in six different colors to tailor your study experience
- Features like read aloud for complete hands-free review
There are a few ways to begin your FE prep depending on time available, content knowledge, and more—but these six steps will put you on a path for success no matter where you stand.
- Get the NCEES FE Reference Handbook, and use it alongside your FE Review Manual.
- Determine which knowledge areas you need more help with through your FE Review Manual’s diagnostic exams.
- Make a schedule before beginning to ensure you can cover all of the exam topics.
- Work through every exam subject—skipping your weaker subjects won’t prepare you for success.
- Be thorough. Don’t skip over any problems, solutions, or necessary reference materials.
- Complete as many practice problems as possible. Fast recall will be critical on the FE exam and developing an instinct for how problems look will help you succeed.
- FE Chemical: 73%
- FE Civil: 62%
- FE Electrical and Computer: 73%
- FE Environmental: 70%
- FE Industrial: 62%
- FE Mechanical: 71%
- FE Other Disciplines: 65%
- Nondisclosure agreement (2 minutes)
- Tutorial (8 minutes)
- Exam (5 hours and 20 minutes)
- Scheduled break (25 minutes)