Over 500 example problems not only demonstrate how to apply important concepts and equations, they also include step-by-step solutions that show you the most efficient methods to use when solving exam problems.
With more than 100 appendices from references and exam-adopted design standards it’s possible to solve many exam problems using only the Civil Engineering Reference Manual.
Exam Topics Covered
- Construction: Earthwork construction and layout; material quality control and production; quantity and cost estimation; temporary structures; scheduling
- Geotechnical: Earth and earth-retaining structures; shallow foundations; soil mechanics analysis; soils and materials properties; subsurface exploration and sampling
- Structural: Loadings; analysis; materials and their mechanics; member design
- Transportation: Geometric design
- Water Resources and Environmental: Closed conduit and open channel hydraulics; hydrology; water and wastewater treatment
Note: The construction, structural, and transportation depth exam standards changed as of October 2013; click here for more information, or download a PDF version of the new standards.
New content, including:
- A new chapter on highway bridge rating
- 31 chapters with revisions to existing material
- 10 chapters with new material
- 51 revised equations
- 13 new equations
- 15 revised tables
- 2 new tables
- 19 revised examples
- 5 new examples
- 3 revised appendices
- 13 revised figures
- 6 new figures
- 130 new index entries to new and existing material
- Removal of all ACI 318 App. C theory, equations, and examples to be consistent with the NCEES requirement of exclusive use of ACI 318 unified strength methods
Special Offer: Buy the print version, get the E-Book version for only $50. Just add both the print and E-Book versions to your shopping cart.
The Civil Engineering Reference Manual is a valuable resource when preparing for the exam, but it can be cumbersome when you’re on the go. With the E-Book version, you can study on public transit, at the coffee shop, or anyplace you can bring a mobile device. Click here to view our E-Book FAQs.
- No waiting--receive the book instantly via download and start studying right away
- No shipping charges
- A full 3 years of access privilege
- Print out up to 10% of the pages--purchase the physical book if you need more printed pages
- Returnable within two days of transaction
- Single-user license—not for multiple users or commercial use
Terms and Conditions: Both items must be in the shopping cart to apply the discount. This offer is not retroactive--you must purchase both the print book and the E-Book at the same time to qualify for the discount. Shipping charges will apply to the print version.