The Structural Depth Reference Manual prepares you for the structural depth section of the Civil PE exam. It provides a concise, yet comprehensive review of the structural depth section exam topics and highlights the most useful equations in the exam-adopted codes and standards. Solving methods—including ASD and LRFD for steel, strength design for concrete, and ASD for timber and masonry—are thoroughly explained. Throughout the book, cross references connect concepts and point you to additional relevant tables, figures, equations, and codes. More than 95 example problems demonstrate the application of concepts and equations. Each chapter includes practice problems so you can solve exam-like problems, and the step-by-step solutions allow you to check your solution approach. A thorough index directs you to the codes and concepts you will need during the exam.
- Design of Reinforced Masonry
- Design of Wood Structures
- Prestressed Concrete Design
- Reinforced Concrete Design
- Structural Steel Design
Referenced Codes and Standards
- Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (ACI 530/530.1)
- Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE/SEI7)
- National Design Specification for Wood Construction ASD/LRFD with Commentary (NDS)
- PCI Design Handbook: Precast and Prestressed Concrete (PCI)
- Steel Construction Manual (AISC)
After you pass your exam, the Structural Depth Reference Manual will continue to serve as an invaluable reference throughout your structural engineering career.
Special Offer: Buy the print version, get the E-Book version for only $50.
Click here to buy the print version and add the E-book.
Terms and Conditions: Both items must be in the shopping cart to apply the discount. This offer is not retroactive--you must purchase both the print book and the E-Book at the same time to qualify for the discount. Shipping charges will apply to the print version.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need to download device compatible e-reader software. You can use any e-reader software that is compatible with your device, such as Bluefire, Stanza, or Kobo. For best results, we suggest the Bluefire Reader app from iTunes®. Download it here.
Click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book in the Bluefire Reader.
If the Bluefire Reader app is not working well on your device, try another e-reader app.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need to download device compatible e-reader software. You can use any e-reader software that is compatible with your device, such as Better World, Cool Reader, or Aldiko. For best results, we suggest the Aldiko Book Reader from Google Play. Download it here and follow these steps:
- If you don't have an Adobe ID, you'll need to create one on the Adobe website.
- Once you have an Adobe ID, open the Aldiko Book Reader app on your Android device, then tap Settings.
- In the Settings menu, click on Adobe DRM, then enter your Adobe ID and password to authorize your Android device.
- Transfer the E-Book file to your Android device with an external SD card or internal storage.
- Open the Aldiko Book Reader, then tap on the “Files” icon.
- Locate the E-Book file(s) that you would like to import into the Aldiko Book Reader, check the box next to each of them, then tap on the “Import to Aldiko” button.
If the Aldiko app is not working well on your device, try another e-reader app.
Click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. To download your E-Book to your Nook, follow these steps:
- Download the PDF or ePub file to Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
- Connect the Nook to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
- Drag and drop the PDF or ePub from the "My Digital Editions" folder into your "My Documents" folder located in the Nook.
- Once the file(s) are added to the folder, disconnect the Nook from the computer.
- Once the Nook is disconnected, browse the Nook for the "My Library" folder. Open the "My Documents" folder to find your PDF or ePub files.
If you are unsure whether or not your device is compatible with our E-Books, check the Digital Editions Supported Devices web page and try to locate your device. If it is listed, click on its link for more information about downloading and using E-Books. If it is not listed, our E-Books will most likely not work for you.