Ships in one business day.
Steel Design for the Civil PE and Structural SE Exams, 2nd Edition (CSSL2P)
Email to a Friend
Steel Design for the Civil PE and Structural SE Exams gives you a thorough overview of the concepts and methods you’ll need to solve steel analysis and design problems on the Civil PE and Structural SE exams. Sharpen your problem-solving skills, and assess your knowledge of how to apply important specifications with 37 exam-like, multiple-choice practice problems. Each problem is accompanied by a detailed, step-by-step solution showing both LRFD and ASD methods.
Prepare to Pass the Civil PE and Structural SE Exams
- Clear explanations of exam-adopted codes and standards
- Detailed examples illustrating a wide range of common situations
- Confidence-building practice problems
- Side-by-side LRFD and ASD solutions
- Thorough index and easy-to-use lists of tables, figures, problems, and nomenclature
- Allowable Strength Design (ASD)
- History and Development of Structural Steel
- Steel Beam Design
- Bolted Connections
- Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD)
- Steel Column Design
- Combined Stress Members
- Loads and Load Combinations
- Tension Member Design
- Composite Steel Members
- Plate Girders
- Welded Connections
- Flanges and Webs with Concentrated Loads
Special Offer: Buy the print version, get the E-Book version for only $50.
The Steel Design for the Civil PE and Structural SE Exams is a valuable resource when preparing for the exam, but it can be cumbersome when you’re on the go. With the E-Book version, you can study on public transit, at the coffee shop, or anyplace you can bring a mobile device. Click here to view our E-Book FAQs.
- No waiting--receive the book instantly via download and start studying right away
- No shipping charges
- A full 3 years of access privilege
- Print out up to 10% of the pages--purchase the physical book if you need more printed pages
- Returnable within two days of transaction
- Single-user license—not for multiple users or commercial use
Terms and Conditions: Both items must be in the shopping cart to apply the discount. This offer is not retroactive--you must purchase both the print book and the E-Book at the same time to qualify for the discount. Shipping charges will apply to the print version.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need to download device compatible e-reader software. You can use any e-reader software that is compatible with your device, such as Bluefire, Stanza, or Kobo. For best results, we suggest the Kobo Books e-reader app from iTunes®. Download it here and follow these installation steps:
- Open the Kobo Books e-reader app on your iPad or iPhone.
- On the Kobo home page, click Settings (the gear in the upper left hand corner).
- Click "Sign in to Adobe" under the Other Services section.
- Sign in to your Adobe account to authorize your device.
- Connect the device to the computer where you downloaded Adobe Digital Editions.
- Open iTunes and click on your device, located under the Devices menu or in the top navigation bar.
- When you are in the device's Click "Apps" at the top of the page.
- Select the Kobo app listed under File Sharing panel.
- At the bottom of the Documents panel, click add, then navigate to the "Digital Editions" folder, located under My Documents.
- Click Open on the ePub or PDF files you want transferred to your iPad or iPhone.
If you have trouble at any point during these steps, click here for a PDF of more detailed instructions.
If the Kobo app is not working well on your device, try another e-reader app.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need to download device compatible e-reader software. You can use any e-reader software that is compatible with your device, such as Better World, Cool Reader, or Aldiko. For best results, we suggest the Aldiko Book Reader from Google Play. Download it here and follow these steps:
- If you don't have an Adobe ID, you'll need to create one on the Adobe website.
- Once you have an Adobe ID, open the Aldiko Book Reader app on your Android device, then tap Settings.
- In the Settings menu, click on Adobe DRM, then enter your Adobe ID and password to authorize your Android device.
- Transfer the E-Book file to your Android device with an external SD card or internal storage.
- Open the Aldiko Book Reader, then tap on the “Files” icon.
- Locate the E-Book file(s) that you would like to import into the Aldiko Book Reader, check the box next to each of them, then tap on the “Import to Aldiko” button.
If the Aldiko app is not working well on your device, try another e-reader app.
Click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. To download your E-Book to your Nook, follow these steps:
- Download the PDF or ePub file to Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
- Connect the Nook to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
- Drag and drop the PDF or ePub from the "My Digital Editions" folder into your "My Documents" folder located in the Nook.
- Once the file(s) are added to the folder, disconnect the Nook from the computer.
- Once the Nook is disconnected, browse the Nook for the "My Library" folder. Open the "My Documents" folder to find your PDF or ePub files.
If you are unsure whether or not your device is compatible with our E-Books, check the Digital Editions Supported Devices web page and try to locate your device. If it is listed, click on its link for more information about downloading and using E-Books. If it is not listed, our E-Books will most likely not work for you.