The Gold Standard
Professional Publications, Inc. (PPI) is a successful publishing company located in beautiful Belmont, California.
Established in 1975, PPI has a proud reputation as the gold standard leader in engineering, surveying, architecture, interior design LEED®, and landscape architecture exam review. More than three (3) million exam candidates have relied on and used our publications to further their professional careers. Each week, thousands of people visit our website to obtain the most current and dependable information on licensing exams and professional registration.
The PPI team consists of highly dedicated individuals who care deeply about their contributions. Equally important, we care about one another. PPI expects gold standard products from its team, so we hire creative, ambitious, and passionate people who have compassion for others, as well as passion for quality, innovation, and progress. If this description resonates with you, an excellent career awaits you at PPI.
To be recognized as a leader in human resources. To serve as a model for the engagement and support of staff, so that PPI continues to prosper as a place of collegiality, possibility, and opportunity.
To empower a team environment that is all about excellence. To lead and partner with colleagues in advancing PPI through the delivery of high quality, cost-effective and integrated HR services, while also promoting and supporting an engaged, high-performing, and inclusive team environment.
- Excellence: We provide expertise and innovation in the provision of our services, processes, and collective performance.
- Integrity: We work honestly, ethically, and with accountability and transparency; this is the foundation of what we do, and how we conduct relations with others.
- People: We provide opportunities, development, support, and respect to our diverse PPI community; we understand what is required to be successful, and that it is vital to be inspired in one’s work.
- Service: We strive to provide responsiveness and superior customer service in the programs and services we manage; we know the value of integration, collaboration, diversity, and flexibility.
- Stewardship: We oversee resources in an open and effective, responsible manner, and we provide leadership to PPI in order to protect the human, physical, and financial resources under our care.
Superior Employee Benefits
As both an established and successful company, PPI provides stability as a Bay Area employer. We offer competitive compensation in a casual and comfortable setting, along with an exceptional suite of employee benefits that includes a choice of either Blue Shield or Kaiser health insurance; Premier Dental; VSP vision; group term life and AD&D insurance; and short- and long-term disability insurance. PPI also offers Pretax Commuter Benefits ($255.00 per month), free onsite parking, a Dependent Care Spending Account (to $5,000.00 annually), Personal Wellness Reimbursement (to $500.00 annually), and a 401(k) Plan with an immediate, generous employer match, along with a Profit Sharing Plan.
New team members accrue Paid Time Off at the rate of three (3) weeks per year (the amount of PTO increases with years of service). PPI observes twelve (12) paid holidays annually and you will receive your birthday off with pay because that is a very special day! PPI also formally observes service anniversaries with bonuses based on years of service. PPI provides for paid bereavement and jury duty leave, zero-interest employee loans, credit union membership, and a generous educational assistance plan.
PPI is located within a few blocks of the Belmont Caltrain Station and you will find Peet's, Starbucks, Safeway, and other restaurants close to the office, which has a beautiful outdoor patio with plenty of seating and umbrellas.
And last, but not least, each month, PPI staff members have “Bagel Wednesdays” and also attend one fun “Social Event,” which has ranged from a chartered bus trip to Westfield Mall in San Francisco, to a catered lunch in Chinatown; from a Cinco de Mayo bowling afternoon, to a talent exhibition; from a Halloween pumpkin carving and costume contest, to pizza, pies, and pinatas at “Pi Day in the Park.” In other words, we like to have fun! Come join our team!
Positions Currently Available at PPI
PPI employment offers are made on the basis of a candidate's experience and demonstrated past performance. Employment offers are not made with regard to any factor(s) that Federal, State, or local laws protect from employment discrimination.
LOCATION: Belmont, CA
HOURS: Full-time, Exempt
REPORT TO: Director of Marketing
CANDIDATE PROFILEPPI is looking for a Digital Campaign Manager/ Associate Manager who will be responsible for executing and optimizing paid media campaigns for all PPI products. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, manage, and execute all digital ad campaigns including AdWords, Bing, Yahoo, retargeting, and paid social
- Develop and own the campaign creation, campaign approval, and campaign optimization processes
- Make ongoing optimizations, including daily management of budgets, bids, creative, keywords, targeting, etc.
- Ensure revenue, budget, ROI, and other business goals are met
- Analyze and report on various performance metrics of paid media campaigns
- Analyze industry trends, and competitive landscape to exploit expansion and optimization opportunities
- Optimize keyword coverage, keyword bids, account structure, and ad copy
- Design and execute A/B tests to optimize performance of landing pages
- Optimize website SEO and Alexa ranking
- Collaborate with marketing managers to exchange data observations and learnings
- Analyze user behavior for conversion funnels using web analytic tools
- 1 to 2 years of hands-on experience in developing and optimizing medium-scale paid search, display, retargeting, and social media campaigns (B2C experience not necessary but definitely a plus)
- Results orientated with strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Comfortable working across departments and across levels
- Great problem-solving skills
- Process-oriented, but flexible around business needs
- Demonstrated analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities, and threats
- Ability to provide consultative input to management regarding performance and productivity analysis and suggest optimal solutions
- Capacity to see and work both broadly and deeply within the organization
- Highly analytical, yet creative, detail oriented, organized and a good team player
- Strong critical thinking ability and communication skills
- Experience working in programmatic/RTB environments a plus
- Experience in using keyword bid management and web analytic tools desirable
- Experience in executing and analyzing A/B tests on ad copy and landing pages beneficial
- Exposure to non-paid-search marketing campaigns, such as contextual ads, display ads, shopping engines, is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, with an eagerness to consistently exceed objectives and improve processes
- Education: BA/BS with a strong quantitative background preferred
Please submit your cover letter and resume with DIGMKTMGR: LAST NAME in the Subject Line. Please feel free to include writing samples from your portfolio as you feel it/they might best reflect your work.
LOCATION: Belmont, CA
HOURS: Full-time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
The Web Marketing Specialist works closely with the marketing team to execute PPI’s digital marketing initiatives. You’ll help manage the company’s websites, landing pages, SEO, online advertising, emails, e-commerce platform, and other digital initiatives with support from the marketing and IT teams.
Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of front-end and mobile development best practices and is willing to grow with our team to improve conversions and refine UX for PPI’s digital products. We are committed to the long-term success of our team members and offer career mentoring.
- Manages marketing initiatives on PPI’s website with marketing and IT teams
- Helps PPI build personalized, social experiences on all web properties
- Manages scheduling and implementation of HTML emails
- Constructs logic from available events for trigger-based emails
- Supports development and execution of all digital marketing initiatives including landing pages and microsites
- Supports e-commerce website administration and updates
- Works with marketing team to pull marketing metrics reports
- Bachelor’s degree and two to three (2-3) years of relevant experience
- Understanding of current front-end and mobile web development best practices including responsive design and performance optimization
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing standards-compliant HTML5 and CSS
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Magento e-commerce platform experience a plus
Please submit your cover letter and resume with WEBMKT: LAST NAME in the Subject Line.
Professional Publications, Inc. (PPI), a market-leading publisher for more than 35 years, provides engineers, architects, and interior designers with the tools and support they need to pass their professional licensure exams. PPI delivers content in print and digital formats, online testing simulators, synchronous and recorded online review courses, in-classroom instruction, and more. This growing company is looking for strong engineer trainers to contribute to the educational value of PPI in this dynamic environment.
The Engineering Review Course Instructor will ensure that the students in his/her course are prepared to take and pass their exam using PPI-provided coursework and materials. Courses are generally offered twice per year (11-12 weeks) for PE and SE examinees and every two months (eight weeks) for FE examinees. Instructors are needed in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, and Environmental disciplines for both the PE and FE exams. Instructors are also needed for Structural (SE) courses, as well as California Civil Seismic and California Civil Surveying courses.
Instructors conduct instructional sessions weekly or twice weekly either live online or in person. Each week, Instructors also conduct an office hours/problem solving session. Other responsibilities include reviewing and updating review course curriculum (in conjunction with PPI Product Development), managing student attendance and homework, and responding to student questions in an online forum and by email.
The ability to achieve high quality and balance it with business needs (resources and timeline) is critical to the Engineering Review Course Instructor’s success, as is the willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the work done. The Engineering Review Course Instructor is a partner and representative of the PPI brand.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity and successful experience with the FE and PE exams (and SE if applicable)
- Aptitude for reviewing and editing complex math and technical copy
- Proven success in selecting, training, evaluating, and mentoring
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Team player with ability to work independently and on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to identify and correct technical content issues
- Proven success balancing high quality standards with project timeline, resources, and business needs
- Desire and ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment; track record of successful prioritizing, multi-tasking, and consistently meeting deadlines with a high quality of work
- Demonstrated open and frequent communication at all levels of the organization, with a genuine sensitivity and commitment to its needs
- Solid experience in generating, evaluating, and refining project scope and requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Willingness to work overtime
- Degree in engineering, physics, or related field
- FE and/or PE (and SE if applicable)
- Familiarity with engineering fundamentals and concepts
Please send your resume and cover letter in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Review Course Instructor: Last Name."
No phone calls please.