Customer Reviews (View All - 5)
- Tips to pass the Mechanical Engineering PE Exam Review by Amazon Customer
(1) Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam, 13th Ed
(2) PE Exam Review for Mechanical Systems and Materials: PE Review Book for ME
(3) PE Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical Systems and Materials Practice Exam
(4) Six-Minute Solutions for Mechanical PE Exam Mechanical Systems and Materials Problems, 2nd Ed
The fourth of these four resources, of which this review concerns, is a book with 85 practice problems. Nineteen of these problems are considered "breadth" (perhaps more similar to questions on the AM exam) and sixty-six are considered "depth" (perhaps more similar to questions on the PM exam), but all pertaining to the mechanical systems and materials subjects of questions. I do think it is necessary to work as many practice problems as possible because even if these problems are not on the exam, it still prepares your mind for the exam because it forces you to think about equations and how to apply them correctly. I do think that the level of difficulty in this book is similar to the PM exam difficulty. If you are taking the Mechanical Systems and Materials PM exam, then I do suggest that you complete this book by working all of the problems and reading the solutions.
Furthermore, to get extra studying time, I studied during my lunch break at work. I ate for about 15 minutes and studied for about 45 minutes. If you do this 5 days per week, then that is an extra 3.75 hours of study per week that you do not have to do at home.
I will also review the other three resources listed in this review. In my opinion, the afternoon exam is orders of magnitude harder than the morning exam, so prepare for the afternoon exam even more than the morning exam. Best of luck, I wish you well! (Posted on 2/26/2016)
- Five Stars Review by Amazon.com Customer
- Great additional practice, recommended Review by Amazon.com Customer
The problems varied across the spectrum expected for the PM module, and from what I remember did not have a test disconnect. There will be test problems that draw from the same exact body of knowledge as presented in this book. I was looking for more practice, and this book delivers well. The PE exam seemed pretty easy, but I worked a ton of problems in preparation. This book was a part of that, and I consider it a very good value. If you think you need addition practice for your PM, don't hesitate to try this book.
(Posted on 2/19/2015)