With an average of only six minutes to solve each problem on the Civil PE exam, speed and accuracy are vital to your success—and nothing gets you up to speed like solving problems.
The practice problems contained in Six-Minute Solutions for Civil PE Exam Construction Problems are consistent with the multiple-choice format, difficulty, and subject matter of the exam. Understanding how to solve construction problems quickly and efficiently is key to passing the Civil PE exam.
Solving construction problems on the Civil PE exam also requires a thorough familiarity with design standards, and Six-Minute Solutions reflects those specified for the exam.
Note: The construction depth exam standards changed as of October 2013; click here for more information, or download a PDF version of the new standards.
Beat the Clock on the Civil PE Exam
- 100 challenging, multiple-choice problems
- 2 levels of difficulty: 20 morning and 80 afternoon construction problems
- A hint for each problem
- Step-by-step solutions
- Explanations of how to avoid common errors
- Earthwork Construction and Layout
- Estimating Quantities and Costs
- Material Quality Control and Production
- Temporary Structures
- Worker Health, Safety, and Environment
- Other Topics