The Structural Engineering Reference Manual prepares you for the NCEES 16-hour structural engineering (SE) exam. It covers all exam topics and provides a comprehensive review of structural analysis and design methods. Exam-adopted codes and standards are frequently referenced, and solving methods—including strength design for timber and masonry—are thoroughly explained. You will learn how to apply concepts pertaining to vertical and lateral forces by reviewing the 244 example problems. You will also strengthen your problem-solving skills by working the 44 end-of-chapter practice problems. Each problem’s complete solution lets you check your own solving approach. New for the 8th edition, both ASD and LRFD/SD solutions and explanations are provided for masonry problems, allowing you to familiarize yourself with different problem solving methods.
Access to supportive information is just as important as knowledge and problem-solving efficiency. The Structural Engineering Reference Manual’s thorough index easily directs you to the codes and concepts you will need during the exam. Cross references to more than 700 equations, 60 tables, 190 figures, 8 appendices, and relevant codes will point you to additional support material when you need it.
Referenced Codes and Standards
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (AASHTO)
- Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structures (TMS 402/602)
- Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318)
- International Building Code (IBC)
- Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE 7)
- National Design Specification for Wood Construction ASD/LRFD and National Design Specification Supplement, Design Values for Wood Construction (NDS)
- North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members (AISI)
- PCI Design Handbook: Precast and Prestressed Concrete (PCI)
- Seismic Design Manual (AISC 327)
- Special Design Provisions for Wind and Seismic with Commentary (SDPWS)
- Steel Construction Manual (AISC 325)
After you pass your exam, the Structural Engineering Reference Manual will continue to serve as an invaluable reference throughout your engineering career.
- Foundations and Retaining Structures
- Lateral Forces (Wind and Seismic)
- Prestressed Concrete
- Reinforced Concrete
- Reinforced Masonry
- Structural Steel
Special Offer: Buy the print version, get the E-Book version for only $50.
The Structural Engineering Reference Manual is a valuable resource when preparing for the exam, but it can be cumbersome when you’re on the go. With the E-Book version, you can study on public transit, at the coffee shop, or anyplace you can bring a mobile device. Click here to view our E-Book FAQs.
- No waiting--receive the book instantly via download and start studying right away
- No shipping charges
- A full 3 years of access privilege
- Print out up to 10% of the pages--purchase the physical book if you need more printed pages
- Returnable within two days of transaction
- Single-user license—not for multiple users or commercial use
Terms and Conditions: Both items must be in the shopping cart to apply the discount. This offer is not retroactive--you must purchase both the print book and the E-Book at the same time to qualify for the discount. Shipping charges will apply to the print version.