Seismic Principles Practice Exams is the most realistic practice you can get for the California Special Civil Engineer Seismic Examination. The problems and solutions in this book present the basic concepts of seismic design fundamentals, as well as, demonstrate how the code provisions impose seismic considerations on the engineering design of structures.
Each of these two complete practice exams have 47 multiple-choice problems that represent the actual exam’s problem format, range of topics, and degree of difficulty. Solutions are based on exam-adopted design standards—Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures (ASCE/SEI7) and the California Building Code / International Building Code (CBC/IBC).
Realistic Practice for California Special Civil Engineer Seismic Examination
- Two complete practice exams prepare you for both the exam format and the exam time constraints. Over 90 solved practice exam problems in total, allowing you to analyze your strengths and weaknesses
- Exam answer keys provide quick scoring of your practice exams and fast identification of areas requiring more review
- In-depth sections on tips and strategies for taking the exam give you valuable insight on how best to prepare for and to take the exam
What’s New in This Edition
- CBC updated from 2007 to 2010
- ACI318 updated from 2005 to 2008
- Various calculation and solution processes clarified