Nuclear Engineering Solved Problems will help you identify important nuclear engineering concepts as defined by the NCEES nuclear PE exam specifications.
This book’s comprehensive coverage of nuclear engineering problem-solving will sharpen your understanding of nuclear energy and engineering whether you are a candidate for the nuclear PE exam, a nuclear plant operator or technician, a professional in the health physics field, or a nuclear power worker in military or civilian settings.
Key Features & Benefits
- Exam-like, multiple-choice problems prepare you for the exam’s problem format.
- Supplemental tables, equations, diagrams, and other data allow for solving of problems without additional references.
- Detailed solutions explain efficient, accurate methods to solving problems, while identifying common errors to avoid.
- Thorough review of the problem statements, solutions, and supplemental information provides a broad overview of the field of nuclear engineering.
What's New in This Edition
- A comprehensive content revision from the previous edition to ensure that this book completely aligns with the 2012 NCEES Nuclear Exam Specifications.
- An accurate reorientation of chapter subject areas to match those outlined in the 2012 NCEES Nuclear Exam Specifications.
|Exam Area||NESP Chapter|
|Nuclear Power Systems||Ch 1 (Power Systems)|
|Nuclear Fuel Cycle||Ch 2 (Fuel Management)|
|Interaction of Radiation with Matter|| Ch 3 (Radiation), Ch 5 (Instrumentation), and
Ch 6 (Issues)
|Nuclear Criticality/Kinetics/Neutronics||Ch 4 (Theory)|
Working through all the problems in this book will help you achieve the most thorough exam preparation.