The Interior Design Reference Manual is a valuable resource when preparing for the NCIDQ Examination Sections 1 and 2, and Practicum, but it can be cumbersome when you’re on the go. With the E-Book version, you can study on public transit, at the coffee shop, or anyplace you can bring a mobile device.
- No shipping charges
- No waiting--receive the book instantly via download
- A lower price than the printed version
- A full 3 years of access privilege
- Print out up to 10% of the pages--purchase the physical book if you need more printed pages
- Returnable within 7 days of transaction
- Single-user license—not for multiple users or commercial use
Important: An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need e-reader software installed on your device so that you can open the E-Book. Please visit our E-Books FAQs page to locate and download the appropriate e-reader for your device. If you have a Kindle Fire, please click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book.
We suggest that you complete these steps before purchasing this E-Book to ensure your satisfaction. Please feel free to review our E-Book FAQs for more information.
Successful exam preparation requires the best resources, and the Interior Design Reference Manual offers the most complete preparation available for all three sections of the NCIDQ exam. This thorough preparation has enabled thousands of candidates to pass their exams.
In this 5th edition, exam content areas are covered chapter by chapter in the same order as the current NCIDQ exam specifications. Topics new to the exam have been added, and the sections on sustainable building and product certification rating systems have been expanded due to the topics' increasing importance on the exam and in the practice of interior design. The book's extensive coverage and clear organization will guide you through a comprehensive and focused exam review.
Once you pass the exam, the Interior Design Reference Manual will serve as an excellent reference for your daily interior design practice. The Interior Design Reference Manual covers everything interior designers need to know about the 2009 International Building Code, ADA Accessibility Guidelines, business practices, ethics, and design standards.
Prepare to Pass the NCIDQ Exam
- A thorough review of all exam content areas
- Over 240 figures that illustrate interior design concepts and codes
- Study guidelines, exam tips, strategies, and insights
- More than 3,000 index entries of interior design terms and phrases
Exam Content Areas Covered
- Building Systems
- Contract Administration
- Construction Standards
- Design Application
- Professional Practice
- Project Coordination
What's New for the 5th Edition
- Updated coverage of the 2009 International Building Code
- New chapter on site analysis, including field surveys
- New chapter on sourcing and researching for furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- New section on pre-design, including researching the client and project type, setting up files, and identifying the design team construction delivery methods
- New section on roof types
- New section on fireplace codes
- New section on clearances for luminaires
- New section on the field measurement process
- New section on building information modeling
- Expanded chapter on sustainable design and product certification rating systems
- Expanded chapter on project management, including project management techniques and follow-up
- Expanded section on environmental design research, including evidence-based design
For copyright protection purposes, you can only physically print out up to 10% of the book's pages. If you require more printed pages than this amount, we recommend purchasing the physical version of the book.
- A PDF E-Book is not viewable with standard PDF reader software (i.e. Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- The PDF file is accessed via a ".acsm" file, which is only viewable with e-reader software, such as Adobe Digital Editions.
- The PDF E-Book file format will work on PC and Mac computers, but may not work on smart phones or tablets (depending on the format compatibility of the e-reader software installed on those devices).
- Installing the Android version of Bluefire e-reader software will enable a PDF E-Book to be read on an Android device.
- An ePub E-Book is viewable on Apple iPhones and iPads, with appropriate e-reader software.
- The Apple iOS version of Bluefire e-reader software will enable an ePub E-Book to be read on an iPhone or iPad.
- Standard Kindle readers, with the exception of Kindle Fire, do not support either the PDF E-Book or ePub E-Book file formats.
- Please do not purchase an E-Book on our website if you plan on using a Kindle as your reader. Kindle is proprietary technology owned by Amazon, and only E-Books purchased on the Amazon website are Kindle-compatible.
- If you own a Kindle Fire, please click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book.