Seismic Design of Building Structures provides a comprehensive introduction to core seismic concepts and principles. It offers essential background information for seismic problems on the California Special Civil Seismic exam, the Structural Engineering (SE) exam, and the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). 15 chapters and 16 appendices provide a concise but thorough review of seismic theory, code application, design principles, and structural analysis.
An understanding of structural rigidity is essential to applying seismic design principles. Download a supplemental PDF version about the definition of rigidity here.
A Comprehensive Review of Seismic Concepts and Principles
- A thorough review of seismic building codes
- Easy-to-use formulas, figures, and tables
- Detailed illustrations and definitions of seismic terminology
- 129 practice problems
- 34 example problems
- A complete index
Note: The CA Special Civil Seismic exam standards have changed for the April 2014 exam; click here for more information.
- Basic Seismology
- Diaphragm Theory
- Earthquake Characteristics
- Effects of Earthquakes on Structures
- General Structural Design
- Response of Structures
- Seismic Building Codes
- Seismic-Resistant Concrete Structures
- Seismic-Resistant Masonry Structures
- Seismic-Resistant Steel Structures
- Seismic-Resistant Wood Structures
- Special Design Features
- Tilt-Up Construction
- Vibration Theory
An Introduction to Seismic Design for the
- California Special Civil Seismic exam
- California Structural Engineer Seismic exam
- Civil PE exam
- Structural Engineering (SE) exam
- Architect Registration Examination (ARE)
9781591263548 978-1-59126-354-8 9781591263579 978-1-59126-357-9
This product is non-returnable.