Seismic Design of Building Structures is a valuable resource when preparing for the exam, but it can be cumbersome when you’re on the go. With the E-Book version, you can study on public transit, at the coffee shop, or any place you can bring a mobile device.
Click here to view our E-Book FAQs.
- No shipping charges
- No waiting--receive the book instantly via download
- A full 3 years of access privilege
- Print out up to 10% of the pages--purchase the physical book if you need more printed pages
- Returnable within two days of transaction
- Single-user license—not for multiple users or commercial use
Seismic Design of Building Structures presents the seismic design concepts most essential to engineers, architects, and students of civil and structural engineering, and architecture. The book’s 15 chapters provide a concise but thorough review of seismic theory, code application, design principles, and structural analysis. The 30 example problems demonstrate how to apply concepts, codes, and equations to solve realistic problems. More than 125 practice problems provide opportunities for independent problem-solving practice, and complete solutions allow you to check your solution approach.
This book includes two comprehensive indexes—one of key terms and another of seismic building codes—to quickly direct you to the information you are looking for. You can also locate related support material by following references throughout the text to the 150 equations, 29 tables, 144 figures, and 16 appendices, and to relevant codes and standards.
- Basic Seismology
- Details of Seismic-Resistant Structures (Concrete, Masonry, Steel, Wood)
- Diaphragm Theory
- Earthquake Characteristics
- Effects of Earthquakes on Structures
- General Structural Design
- Response of Structures
- Seismic Building Code
- Special Design Features
- Tilt-Up Construction
- Vibration Theory
Special Offer: Buy the print version, get the E-Book version for only $50.
Click here to buy the print version.
Terms and Conditions: Both items must be in the shopping cart to apply the discount. This offer is not retroactive--you must purchase both the print book and the E-Book at the same time to qualify for the discount. Shipping charges will apply to the print version.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need to download device compatible e-reader software. You can use any e-reader software that is compatible with your device, such as Bluefire, Stanza, or Kobo. For best results, we suggest the Bluefire Reader app from iTunes®. Download it here.
Click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book in the Bluefire Reader.
If the Bluefire Reader app is not working well on your device, try another e-reader app.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need to download device compatible e-reader software. You can use any e-reader software that is compatible with your device, such as Better World, Cool Reader, or Aldiko. For best results, we suggest the Aldiko Book Reader from Google Play. Download it here and follow these steps:
- If you don't have an Adobe ID, you'll need to create one on the Adobe website.
- Once you have an Adobe ID, open the Aldiko Book Reader app on your Android device, then tap Settings.
- In the Settings menu, click on Adobe DRM, then enter your Adobe ID and password to authorize your Android device.
- Transfer the E-Book file to your Android device with an external SD card or internal storage.
- Open the Aldiko Book Reader, then tap on the “Files” icon.
- Locate the E-Book file(s) that you would like to import into the Aldiko Book Reader, check the box next to each of them, then tap on the “Import to Aldiko” button.
If the Aldiko app is not working well on your device, try another e-reader app.
Click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. To download your E-Book to your Nook, follow these steps:
- Download the PDF or ePub file to Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
- Connect the Nook to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
- Drag and drop the PDF or ePub from the "My Digital Editions" folder into your "My Documents" folder located in the Nook.
- Once the file(s) are added to the folder, disconnect the Nook from the computer.
- Once the Nook is disconnected, browse the Nook for the "My Library" folder. Open the "My Documents" folder to find your PDF or ePub files.
If you are unsure whether or not your device is compatible with our E-Books, check the Digital Editions Supported Devices web page and try to locate your device. If it is listed, click on its link for more information about downloading and using E-Books. If it is not listed, our E-Books will most likely not work for you.