To pass the Schematic Design division of the ARE, you will need to successfully design two vignettes—one building layout vignette and one interior layout vignette. Schematic Design: ARE Sample Problems and Practice Exam gives you the realistic practice you need to successfully prepare for this division. Sharpen your problem-solving skills, increase your problem-solving speed and confidence, and assess essential knowledge.
Each vignette includes a site plan where you create your solution. In addition to being included in the book, site plans are also available online and can be downloaded as a PDF. These site plans are accompanied by valuable tips for creating passing solutions on the actual computerized exam. Also included are fully explained examples of passing and failing designs to help you sharpen your problem-solving skills.
Realistic practice for the Schematic Design division
- 4 challenging sample vignettes
- A realistic practice exam with two additional vignettes
- Each vignette includes a site plan where you create your solution
- Valuable tips for creating passing solutions on the actual computerized exam
- Fully explained examples of passing and failing designs
Coverage of the Schematic Design Topics
- Building Layout
- Interior Layout