In order to access Inkling E-Books with a PC, you must use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari as your browser. The Inkling format is currently not available for Android or other non-Mac smartphone devices. For more information, please see our E-Book FAQs.
The FE Review Manual, 3rd Edition (FERM3), is now available as an interactive E-Book in Inkling format for iPad, iPhone, Mac, and PC. This Inkling E-Book has a number of features not found in other E-Book formats:
- Inkling E-Book content re-sizes itself depending on the device you are using
- All content (including problems) is searchable.
- All cross-references are clickable links.
- Collapsible/expandable table of contents helps readers quickly navigate through chapters, sections, tables, figures, etc.
- Topics are color coded, allowing readers to identify relevant topics at a glance.
- Readers can add notes, highlight content, and add favorites, all of which is quickly accessible from a tab in the table of contents.
The FE Review Manual E-Book in Inkling format enhances the exam preparation content currently found in the FE Review Manual, 3rd Edition
- Green text identifies equations, figures, and tables found in the NCEES Handbook
- FE-style problems, diagnostic exams, and sample exam all have an interactive quiz feature. Solution is not shown until reader selects an option. If the option is wrong, it gives readers a chance to try again or show the answer if they get stuck. Diagnostic information for the exam is displayed, including number of problems answered, percentage complete, and number of problems correct, wrong, or unanswered. Reader can attempt problems as many times as they wish.
- Sample problems have the solution hidden. Readers have the option of working the problem and comparing their solution to that given or using the sample problems for review only.
- Notes feature allows all readers who have purchased the FE Review Manual E-Book in Inkling format to share ideas and respond to questions within the product.
- Page numbers correspond to the print version of FERM3.1, which allows the reader to check errata on the PPI site.
- A new front matter section includes links to additional PPI FE preparation materials and relevant exam information.
The FE Review Manual is a valuable resource when preparing for the exam, but it can be cumbersome when you’re on the go. With the E-Book version, you can study on public transit, at the coffee shop, or anyplace you can bring a mobile device.
- No shipping charges
- No waiting--receive the book instantly via download
- A lower price than the printed version
- Lifetime access privileges (applies to Inkling format E-Book only)
- Single-user license—not for multiple users or commercial
Everything You Need to Succeed on the FE Exam
- Complete FE exam coverage in 54 easy-to-read chapters
- 13 topic-specific diagnostic exams
- Over 1,200 practice problems with step-by-step solutions
- SI units throughout
- A 4-hour morning session sample exam
- A sample study schedule
- A comprehensive, easy-to-use index
- Exam tips and advice
- Computers, Measurement, and Controls
- Conversion Factors
- Electric Circuits
- Engineering Economics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Materials Science/Structure of Matter
- Mechanics of Materials
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Transport Phenomena
- Units and Fundamental Constants