New Edition. Comprehensive Civil PE Exam Coverage
The Civil Engineering Reference Manual is the most comprehensive textbook for the NCEES Civil PE exam. This book’s time-tested organization and clear explanations start with the basics to help you get up to speed with common civil engineering concepts. Together, the 90 chapters provide an in-depth review of all of the topics, codes, and standards listed in the NCEES Civil PE exam specifications. The extensive index contains thousands of entries, with multiple entries included for each topic, so you can easily find the codes and concepts you will need during the exam.
This book features:
- over 100 appendices containing essential support material
- over 500 clarifying examples
- over 550 common civil engineering terms defined in an easy-to-use glossary
- thousands of equations, figures, and tables
- industry-standard terminology and nomenclature
- equal support of U.S. customary and SI units
The NCEES recently adopted newer editions of the ACI, ASCE, TMS, and MSJC codes for the 2016 construction exam. This adoption occurred post-publication of the Civil Engineering Reference Manual, 15th edition by Michael R. Lindeburg, PE. For your reference and convenience, we have included a PDF that cross references the 2011 ACI 318 and the 2014 ACI 2014, as well as a PDF with the updates in the reference manual. You may access the PDFs by clicking here. PPI is committed to supporting you in your efforts towards licensure, and providing the highest-quality content for your preparation.
After you pass your exam, the Civil Engineering Reference Manual will continue to serve as an invaluable reference throughout your engineering career.
Save 30% and maximize your problem-solving efficiency during the exam by adding the Quick Reference for the Civil Engineering PE Exam to your order by checking the box below. These two books work together to save you valuable time by quickly directing you to desired equations, figures, and tables.
- Civil Breadth: Project Planning; Means and Methods; Soil Mechanics; Structural Mechanics; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Geometrics; Materials; Site Development
- Construction: Earthwork Construction and Layout; Estimating Quantities and Costs; Construction Operations and Methods; Scheduling; Material Quality Control and Production; Temporary Structures; Health and Safety
- Geotechnical Site Characterization; Soil Mechanics, Laboratory Testing, and Analysis; Field Materials Testing, Methods, and Safety; Earthquake Engineering and Dynamic Loads; Earth Structures; Groundwater and Seepage; Problematic Soil and Rock Conditions; Earth Retaining Structures; Shallow Foundations; Deep Foundations
- Structural: Analysis of Structures; Design and Details of Structures; Codes and Construction
- Transportation: Traffic Engineering; Horizontal Design; Vertical Design; Intersection Geometry; Roadside and Cross-Section Design; Signal Design; Traffic Control Design; Geotechnical and Pavement; Drainage; Alternatives Analysis
- Water Resources and Environmental: Analysis and Design; Hydraulics–Closed Conduit; Hydraulics–Open Channel; Hydrology; Groundwater and Wells; Wastewater Collection and Treatment; Water Quality; Drinking Water Distribution and Treatment; Engineering Economic Analysis
Special Offer: Buy the print version, get the E-Book version for only $50.
Check the box below to buy the E-Book version.
The Civil Engineering Reference Manual is a valuable resource when preparing for the exam, but it can be cumbersome when you’re on the go. With the E-Book version, you can study on public transit, at the coffee shop, or anyplace you can bring a mobile device. Click here to view our E-Book FAQs.
- No waiting--receive the book instantly via download and start studying right away
- No shipping charges
- A full 3 years of access privilege
- Print out up to 10% of the pages--purchase the physical book if you need more printed pages
- Returnable within two days of transaction
- Single-user license—not for multiple users or commercial use
Terms and Conditions: Both items must be in the shopping cart to apply the discount. This offer is not retroactive--you must purchase both the print book and the E-Book at the same time to qualify for the discount. Shipping charges will apply to the print version.