Core Engineering Concepts for Students and Professionals is a valuable resource when preparing for the exam, but it can be cumbersome when you’re on the go. With the E-Book version, you can study on public transit, at the coffee shop, or anyplace you can bring a mobile device.
- No shipping charges
- No waiting--receive the book instantly via download
- A lower price than the printed version
- A full 3 years of access privilege
- Print out up to 10% of the pages--purchase the physical book if more printed pages are required
- Returnable within 7 days of transaction
Important: An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need e-reader software installed on your device so that you can open the E-Book. Please visit our E-Books FAQs page to locate and download the appropriate e-reader for your device. If you have a Kindle Fire, please click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book.
We suggest that you complete these steps before purchasing this E-Book to ensure your satisfaction. Please feel free to review our E-Book FAQs for more information.
Find the answers to your engineering questions with Core Engineering Concepts for Students and Professionals. This authoritative reference provides comprehensive coverage of thousands of engineering concepts in one convenient book, including topics covered in 4- and 5-year engineering degree programs and those encountered in practice.
Core Engineering Concepts is a cross-disciplinary reference that can be used by engineers studying or practicing in any engineering field, including civil, mechanical, electrical, structural, environmental, industrial, and chemical engineering. Written for both students and practitioners by a professional engineer, it incorporates more than 30 years of engineering experience.
“Core Engineering Concepts is a unique book. It's a blend of the most useful concepts taught in college and the most useful practical knowledge learned afterward.”
—Michael R. Lindeburg, PE
The Go-To Reference for Engineering Students and Professionals
- Covers the breadth of an engineering degree
- Contains civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical, and industrial engineering subjects
- Features 82 chapters covering thousands of engineering concepts
- Contains more than 580 example problems with step-by-step solutions
- References over 3,700 essential engineering equations and formulas
- Presents over 315 figures and 780 tables
- Lists fully defined nomenclature for each chapter
- Includes a multiply cross-referenced index
Topics Covered Include:
- Atomic Theory
- Computer Programming
- Electrical Circuits
- Engineering Licensure
- Ethics and Law
- Heat Transfer
- Management Science
- Material Science
- Mechanics of Materials
- Plans and Drawings
- Systems Analysis
For copyright protection purposes you can only physically print out up to 10% of the book's pages. If you will require more hard-printed pages than this amount we recommend purchasing the physical version of the book.
- A PDF E-Book is not viewable with standard PDF reader software (i.e. Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- The PDF file is accessed via a ".acsm" file, which is only viewable with e-reader software, such as Adobe Digital Editions.
- The PDF E-Book file format will work on PC and Mac computers, but may not work on smart phones or tablets (depending on the format compatibility of the e-reader software installed on those devices).
- Installing the Android version of Bluefire e-reader software will enable a PDF E-Book to be read on an Android device.
- An ePub E-Book is viewable on Apple iPhones and iPads, with appropriate e-reader software.
- The Apple iOS version of Bluefire e-reader software will enable an ePub E-Book to be read on an iPhone or iPad.
- Standard Kindle readers, with the exception of Kindle Fire, do not support either the PDF E-Book or ePub E-Book file formats.
- Please do not purchase an E-Book on our website if you plan on using a Kindle as your reader. Kindle is proprietary technology owned by Amazon, and only E-Books purchased on the Amazon website are Kindle-compatible.
- If you own a Kindle Fire, please click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book.