New Edition. Comprehensive Chemical Engineering Coverage You Can Trust.
The Chemical Engineering Reference Manual is a valuable resource when preparing for the exam, but it can be cumbersome when you’re on the go. With the E-Book version, you can study on public transit, at the coffee shop, or anyplace you can bring a mobile device.
- No shipping charges
- No waiting--receive the book instantly via download
- A lower price than the printed version
- A full 3 years of access privilege
- Print out up to 10% of the pages--purchase the physical book if you need more printed pages
- Returnable within 7 days of transaction
- Single-user license—not for multiple users or commercial use
Important: An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need e-reader software installed on your device so that you can open the E-Book. Please visit our E-Books FAQs page to locate and download the appropriate e-reader for your device. If you have a Kindle Fire, please click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book.
We suggest that you complete these steps before purchasing this E-Book to ensure your satisfaction. Please feel free to review our E-Book FAQs for more information.
The Chemical Engineering Reference Manual is the most comprehensive textbook for the Chemical PE exam. This book’s time-tested organization and clear explanations start with the basics to help you quickly get back up to speed with common chemical engineering concepts. Together, the 66 chapters provide an in-depth review of NCEES Chemical PE exam topics. Industry-standard terminology, nomenclature, and units are used throughout. U.S. customary and SI units are equally supported, and units are meticulously identified and rigorously carried through in all formulas. More than 350 examples illustrate basic concepts.
Numerous features in this reference are designed to help you quickly find what you’re looking for. The index contains thousands of terms, most indexed in multiple ways, in anticipation of how you’ll search for them. Cross-references to hundreds of equations, figures, and tables guide you to related support material. More than 60 appendices will help you solve most practical problems using the Chemical Engineering Reference Manual alone.
Once you pass your exam, the Chemical Engineering Reference Manual will continue to serve as an invaluable reference throughout your chemical engineering career.
Topics and Subtopics Covered:
- Math Review
- Fluid Properties
- Fluid Statics
- Fluid Flow Parameters
- Fluid Dynamics
- Hydraulic Machines
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Fuels and Combustion
- Properties of Substances
- Vapor, Combustion, and Nuclear Power Cycles
- Refrigeration and Gas Compression Cycles
- Heat Transfer
- Natural Convection
- Forced Convection
- Water Supply and Wastewater
- Biology and Bacteriology
- Solid Waste
- Mass Transfer
- Basic Principles
- Vapor-Liquid Processes
- Liquid-Liquid Extraction
- Solid-Liquid Processes
- Chemical Plant Design
- Basic Chemical Plant Design
- Ventilation and Humidification
- Engineering Materials
- Physical Properties of Construction Materials
- Thermal Treatment of Metals
- Modeling and Analysis of Engineering Systems
- Process Monitoring and Instrumentation
- Workplace Safety
- Process and Production Optimization
- Engineering Economic Analysis
- Law and Ethics
- Engineering Law