PPI takes pride in its diverse team of employees. We are the leader in our field because our employees are dedicated to performing at a high level in all aspects of our business: Production, Editorial, IT, Marketing, HR, and Customer Service.
Working on site in the San Francisco Bay Area, our employees enjoy a casual and flexible work environment. We are motivated to produce quality products and are rewarded with a generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, 401K, and company profit sharing.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to apply for a position below.
Instructors needed for FE and PE Review Courses (Belmont)
Professional Publications, Inc. (PPI), a market-leading publisher for more than 35 years, provides engineers, architects, and interior designers with the tools and support they need to pass their professional licensure exams. PPI delivers content in print and digital formats, online testing simulators, synchronous and recorded online review courses, in-classroom instruction, and more. This growing company is looking for strong engineer trainers to contribute to the educational value of PPI in this dynamic environment.
The Engineering Review Course Instructor will ensure that the students in his/her course are prepared to take and pass their exam using PPI-provided coursework and materials. Courses are offered twice per year (11-12 weeks) for PE examinees and every two months (eight weeks) for FE examinees. Instructors are needed in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, and Environmental disciplines for both the PE and FE exams. Instructors are also needed for California Civil Seismic and California Civil Surveying courses.
Instructors conduct instructional sessions weekly or twice weekly either live online or in person. Each week, Instructors also conduct an office hours/problem solving session. Other responsibilities include reviewing and updating review course curriculum (in conjunction with PPI Product development), managing student attendance and homework, and responding to student questions in an online forum and by email.
The ability to achieve high quality and balance it with business needs (resources and timeline) is critical to the Engineering Review Course Instructor’s success, as is the willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the work done. The Engineering Review Course Instructor is a partner and representative of the PPI brand.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity and successful experience with the FE and PE exams
- Aptitude for reviewing and editing complex math and technical copy
- Proven success in selecting, training, evaluating, and mentoring
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Team player with ability to work independently and on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to identify and correct technical content issues
- Proven success balancing high quality standards with project timeline, resources, and business needs
- Desire and ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment; track record of successful prioritizing, multi-tasking, and consistently meeting deadlines with a high quality of work
- Demonstrated open and frequent communication at all levels of the organization, with a genuine sensitivity and commitment to its needs
- Solid experience in generating, evaluating, and refining project scope and requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Willingness to work overtime
- Degree in engineering, physics, or related field
- FE and/or PE
- Familiarity with engineering fundamentals and concepts
Please send your resume and cover letter in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Review Course Instructor: Last Name”.
No phone calls please.