Interior Design Reference Manual: Everything You Need to Know to Pass the NCIDQ Exam offers a comprehensive review of all NCIDQ content areas to help you pass the NCIDQ Examination IDFX, IDPX, as well as the Practicum.
NCIDQ Exam Sections
The two multiple-choice sections of the NCIDQ Examination are available in a computer-based format:
- Interior Design Fundamentals Exam (IDFX) is available to individuals who meet NCIDQ’s education requirements, regardless of years of experience.
- Interior Design Professional Exam (IDPX) requires individuals to meet both education and experience requirements.
The Practicum requires candidates to design solutions for several design problems.
Click here to review the NCIDQ Exam Eligibility Requirements.
Interested in a prep course for the NCIDQ® IDFX, IDPX, or Practicum? Click here to learn more.
- Purchase the print Interior Design Reference Manual: Everything You Need to Know to Pass the NCIDQ Exam and get the E-Book version for $50.
- Terms and Conditions: Both items must be in the shopping cart to apply the discount. This offer is not retroactive--you must purchase both the print and E-Book at the same time to qualify for the discount. Shipping charges will apply to the print version.
Interior Design Reference Manual: Everything You Need to Know to Pass the NCIDQ Exam is the most comprehensive exam review for the NCIDQ exam. Its intuitive organization and clear explanations help you quickly understand common interior design concepts. The extensive index contains thousands of terms, and can be previewed by clicking here.
Prepare to Pass the NCIDQ Exam
- Study guidelines, exam tips, and tables throughout the book simplify your exam preparation
- More than 200 figures illustrate common design details in both SI and U.S. measurements
- Over 3,000 index entries help you quickly find key interior design terms and topics
Exam Content Areas Covered
- Design Concepts and Programming
- Design Constraints
- Building Systems and Construction
- Research, Analysis, and Selection of Products and Details
- Communication and Documentation
- Project and Business Management
What's New for the Sixth Edition
- Revised to focus on IDFX, IDPX, and the Interior Design Practicum.
- Updated to incorporate the 2012 International Building Code and 2010 ADA/ABA Accessibility Guidelines.
- Organized by content area, with icons that indicate which content areas are covered in each chapter.
- Expanded coverage of:
- Seismic restraint for ceilings
- Sourcing and researching manufacturer's information
- Building regulations and codes
- Cost estimating and budgeting
978-1-59126-304-3 9781591263043 978-1-59126-305-0 9781591263050