Successful exam preparation requires the best resources, and the Interior Design Reference Manual offers the most complete preparation available for the paper-and-pencil NCIDQ Examination Sections 1 and 2, and Practicum. This thorough preparation has enabled thousands of candidates to pass their exams.
In this 5th edition, exam content areas are covered chapter by chapter in the same order as the current NCIDQ exam specifications. Expanded sections on sustainable building and product certification rating systems reflect the topics' importance on the exam and in the practice of interior design. The book's extensive coverage and clear organization will guide you through a comprehensive and focused exam review.
Once you pass the exam, the Interior Design Reference Manual will serve as an excellent reference for your daily interior design practice. The Interior Design Reference Manual covers everything interior designers need to know about the 2009 International Building Code, ADA Accessibility Guidelines, business practices, ethics, and design standards.
Prepare to Pass the NCIDQ Exam
- A thorough review of all exam content areas
- Over 240 figures that illustrate interior design concepts and codes
- Study guidelines, exam tips, strategies, and insights
- More than 3,000 index entries of interior design terms and phrases
Exam Content Areas Covered
- Building Systems
- Contract Administration
- Construction Standards
- Design Application
- Professional Practice
- Project Coordination
What's New for the 5th Edition
- Updated coverage of the 2009 International Building Code
- New chapter on site analysis, including field surveys
- New chapter on sourcing and researching for furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- New section on pre-design, including researching the client and project type, setting up files, and identifying the design team construction delivery methods
- New section on roof types
- New section on fireplace codes
- New section on clearances for luminaires
- New section on the field measurement process
- New section on building information modeling
- Expanded chapter on sustainable design and product certification rating systems
- Expanded chapter on project management, including project management techniques and follow-up
- Expanded section on environmental design research, including evidence-based design
Are you planning to take the computer-based NCIDQ IDFX and IDPX, as well as the Practicum? If so, click here.
978-1-59126-304-3 9781591263043 978-1-59126-305-0 9781591263050