Ships in one business day.
Prepare for the Mechanical FE exam with hundreds of discipline-specific practice problems in a web book format.
Comprehensive Practice for the Computer-Based FE Mechanical Exam
FE Mechanical Practice Problems contains over 460 multiple-choice problems that will reinforce your knowledge of topics covered on the NCEES Mechanical FE exam. These problems are designed to be solved in three minutes or less to demonstrate the format and difficulty of the exam, and to help you focus on individual engineering concepts. Like the exam, problems are grouped by engineering topic.
Solutions are clear, complete, and easy to follow. Step-by-step calculations use equations and nomenclature from the NCEES FE Reference Handbook to help increase your familiarity with the reference you’ll have on exam day. Units are meticulously identified and rigorously carried through in all calculations.
FE Mechanical Practice Problems may be used by itself for independent problem-solving practice, or it may be used in conjunction with the FE Mechanical Review Manual. This book follows the FE Mechanical Review Manual in chapter sequence, nomenclature, terminology, and methodology, so you can easily find clear explanations of topics where you need more support. Both products are part of PPI’s integrated review program available at feprep.com.
Exam Topics Covered
- Computational Tools
- Dynamics, Kinematics, and Vibrations
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Engineering Economics
- Ethics and Professional Practice
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Material Properties and Processing
- Measurement, Instrumentation, and Controls
- Mechanical Design and Analysis
- Mechanics of Materials
- Probability and Statistics
Also available through feprep.com
- FE Mechanical Review Manual: a comprehensive review manual with complete coverage of the FE Mechanical exam knowledge areas and relevant elements from the NCEES
- FE Reference Handbook: the online version offers full-text searching, note-taking, and bookmarking capabilities, and integrated interactive diagnostic exam problems with automatic scoring
- FE Mechanical Practice Exam: an online, simulated exam experience, with automatic scoring and comparative reporting
- FE Mechanical Assessments: online problems to evaluate your familiarity with exam topics, with automatic scoring and comparative reporting
- FE Mechanical Flashcards: online flashcards for quick, on-the-go review
- FE Review Programs: online programs that provide structure and personal feedback to help you prepare to pass the FE Mechanical exam
- Study Schedule: an online, customizable study schedule with targeted reading and homework assignments