As a special thank you for purchasing Civil PE product(s) from PPI, we are happy to offer a special discount on this review course package. Simply uncheck the required materials you already own, add to cart, and use your promo code at checkout for an additional $150 off the course package. This offer ends January 20, 2016.
PPI’s Civil PE In-Person Review Course provides the tools you need to effectively prepare for and pass the NCEES Civil PE exam. Since 1975, our time-tested curriculum, expert instructors, and comprehensive materials have successfully prepared more than 3 million examinees.
In addition to 70 hours of expert instruction, you’ll complete homework from the brand new 15th editions of the Civil Engineering Reference Manual, Civil Engineering Practice Problems, and other best-selling materials by PPI Founder Michael R. Lindeburg, PE. Please read below for a complete list of course features.
Your Review Course Package Includes:
- 70 hours of instruction from an industry expert, with a thorough concentration on exam topics. The 70 hours is broken down as follows:
- 42 hours of in-person lectures in a classroom setting. Follow along and interact with the class as your instructor reviews key engineering concepts.
- 28 hours of OnDemand video lessons. The Ace the PE: Civil Videos series includes more than 30 video lessons by Andy Richardson, PE. Each lesson covers one topic from either the breadth or depth section of the Civil PE exam, and can be watched in any order so you can focus your attention on the engineering concepts most important to you. Each video lesson demonstrates how key engineering concepts are applied on the Civil PE exam by walking you through a step-by-step solution for each practice problem.
- A full suite of references and study tools by PPI Founder Michael R. Lindeburg, PE, including the Civil Engineering Reference Manual. This course includes the just-released new editions of PPI’s Civil PE books, which are updated to current NCEES exam specifications and codes.
- Detailed handouts of the presentation slides to download and print for convenient note-taking
- Instructor-graded homework assignments from a structured syllabus
- An online discussion forum for interaction with the instructor and peers throughout the course
- Online quizzes to help assess your progress
- A guarantee you will pass the exam, or you can repeat the course for free
PPI offers in-person Civil PE review courses in Oakland and Irvine, California. Please click the links below to view the course schedules and list of topics.
- Project Planning (AM)
- Means and Methods (AM)
- Materials (AM)
- Soil Mechanics (AM)
- Structural Mechanics (AM)
- Hydraulics & Hydrology (AM)
- Geometrics (AM)
- Site Development (AM)
- Construction (AM Plus*)
- Geotechnical (AM Plus*)
- Structural (AM Plus*)
- Transportation (AM Plus*)
- Water Resources & Environmental (AM Plus*)
*AM Plus indicates that this lecture will cover topics relevant to both the breadth and depth exams.
OnDemand Video Lessons (Ace the PE: Civil Videos)
- Earthwork (AM)
- Estimating (AM)
- Scheduling (AM)
- QA/QC (PM)
- Temporary Structures (PM)
- Soil Classification (AM)
- Soil Properties (AM)
- Soil Mechanics (AM)
- Walls (AM)
- Rigid Wall (PM)
- Flexible & MSE Walls (PM)
- Statics (AM)
- Shear & Moment (AM)
- Mechanics (AM)
- Wood Design (PM)
- Lateral Design (PM)
- Measurement (AM)
- Horizontal Curves (AM)
- Vertical Curves (AM)
- Superelevation (AM)
- Clearance (AM)
- Culvert Design (PM)
- Pavement Design (PM)
- Water Resources & Environmental
- Closed Conduit (AM)
- Friction & Pumps (AM)
- Open Channel (AM)
- Stormwater (AM)
- Hydrology (AM)
- NRCS (AM)
- NRCS (PM)
- Drinking Water (PM)
This review course package includes all the required materials and study tools you'll need to successfully complete the course. Please uncheck any items you already own. Please also note that all materials are required to qualify for PPI's Passing Guarantee.
We surveyed our Oakland and Irvine Civil PE review course students right after they took their exams. Here's what they had to say about our courses:
- "The instructor was amazing and was able to answer every question I had. And not only did he answer it, he explained it in a way that made more sense than when I learned it in school. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!"
- "The homework covered the subjects that were on the test. It allowed you to get a good idea of the topics by doing the practice problems."
- "The instructor was able to present the material in an energetic tone and was easy to understand throughout the entire day."
- "As a first time test taker, I initially tried to read everything in the book. That didn't work out so well as I became overwhelmed and started ignoring the book. After I took the class, I understood what I REALLY needed to know for the test, which tables and figures to look at, and where the unit conversions were."
- "The instructor was an excellent teacher and he made the topics very understandable. He was very good at steering us towards the topics that we needed to learn and what we could avoid. I like the way he broke up the various topics into whether you need to pay attention or not. For example, he would tell us this is for the water afternoon and you probably won’t see this in the morning so you don't have to pay attention. I think having this kind of break down helps the students only study the topics that will most likely be covered, and not waste time studying things that won't help you."
- "I would definitely recommend this course to someone who may need extra encouragement to stay on track with studying."
PPI is confident that you will pass your exam after completing this course. If you do not pass the exam (and you have met the course completion requirements), you may repeat the course for free. For complete guarantee requirements, view PPI’s Guarantees Page.
If you took the October 2015 Civil PE exam and are waiting for results, you can still enroll in this review course. If you find out that you've passed your exam, PPI will happily refund 100% of the cost of enrollment.
In addition, you can enroll in this review course if you are waiting for your exam application results. If, for any reason, you cannot sit for the April 2016 exam, you can defer your enrollment to the next course.
Click here for complete Risk-Free Enrollment details.