Ships in one business day.
New Edition. Problems and Detailed Solutions for Civil PE Exam Preparation
Civil Engineering Solved Problems includes more than 370 problem scenarios representing a broad range of the NCEES Civil PE exam topics. The problem scenarios are instructionally designed so that you learn how to identify and apply related concepts and equations. The breadth of topics covered and the varied complexities of the problems allow you to assess and strengthen your problem-solving skills. Step-by-step solutions demonstrate accurate, efficient solving methods. Solutions also reference exam-adopted codes and standards, so you can learn where to find required information and how to efficiently use your resources.
Civil Engineering Solved Problems will help you to
- familiarize yourself with the exam topics
- connect relevant civil engineering theories to challenging problems
- navigate through exam-adopted codes and standards
- identify accurate and efficient problem-solving approaches
Exam Topics Covered
- Water Resources: Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulic Machines, Open Channel Flow, Hydrology, Water Supply
- Geotechnical: Soils, Foundations
- Environmental: Wastewater
- Structural: Concrete, Steel, Timber, Masonry, Bridge Design
- Transportation: Transportation, Surveying
- Systems, Management, and Professional: Engineering Economic Analysis
The NCEES recently adopted the 2014 edition of the ACI 318 code for the 2016 exams. This adoption occurred post-publication of Civil Engineering Solved Problems, 8th edition by Michael R. Lindeburg, PE. For your reference and convenience, we have included a PDF that cross references the 2011 ACI 318 and the 2014 ACI 2014. You may access the PDF by clicking here. PPI is committed to supporting you in your efforts towards licensure, and providing the highest-quality content for your preparation.