Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam, E-Book (PDF), 15th Edition
Email to a Friend
The Civil Engineering Reference Manual is a valuable resource when preparing for the exam, but it can be cumbersome when you're on the go. With the E-Book version, you can study on public transit, at the coffee shop, or anyplace you can bring a mobile device.
Click here to view our E-Book FAQs.
- No shipping charges
- No waiting--receive the book instantly via download
- A full 3 years of access privilege
- Print out up to 10% of the pages--purchase the physical book if you need more printed pages
- Returnable within two days of transaction
- Single-user license—not for multiple users or commercial use
The Civil Engineering Reference Manual is the most comprehensive textbook for the NCEES Civil PE exam. This book’s time-tested organization and clear explanations start with the basics to help you get up to speed with common civil engineering concepts. Together, the 90 chapters provide an in-depth review of all of the topics, codes, and standards listed in the NCEES Civil PE exam specifications. The extensive index contains thousands of entries, with multiple entries included for each topic, so you can easily find the codes and concepts you will need during the exam.
This book features:
- over 100 appendices containing essential support material
- over 500 clarifying examples
- over 550 common civil engineering terms defined in an easy-to-use glossary
- thousands of equations, figures, and tables
- industry-standard terminology and nomenclature
- equal support of U.S. customary and SI units
After you pass your exam, the Civil Engineering Reference Manual will continue to serve as an invaluable reference throughout your civil engineering career.
The NCEES recently adopted newer editions of the ACI, ASCE, TMS, and MSJC codes for the 2016 exams. This adoption occurred post-publication of the Civil Engineering Reference Manual, 15th edition by Michael R. Lindeburg, PE. For your reference and convenience, we have included a PDF that cross references the 2011 ACI 318 and the 2014 ACI 2014, as well as a PDF with the updates in the reference manual. You may access the PDFs by clicking here. PPI is committed to supporting you in your efforts towards licensure, and providing the highest-quality content for your preparation.
Exam Topics Covered
- Civil Breadth: Project Planning; Means and Methods; Soil Mechanics; Structural Mechanics; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Geometrics; Materials; Site Development
- Construction: Earthwork Construction and Layout; Estimating Quantities and Costs; Construction Operations and Methods; Scheduling; Material Quality Control and Production; Temporary Structures; Health and Safety
- Geotechnical Site Characterization; Soil Mechanics, Laboratory Testing, and Analysis; Field Materials Testing, Methods, and Safety; Earthquake Engineering and Dynamic Loads; Earth Structures; Groundwater and Seepage; Problematic Soil and Rock Conditions; Earth Retaining Structures; Shallow Foundations; Deep Foundations
- Structural: Analysis of Structures; Design and Details of Structures; Codes and Construction
- Transportation: Traffic Engineering; Horizontal Design; Vertical Design; Intersection Geometry; Roadside and Cross-Section Design; Signal Design; Traffic Control Design; Geotechnical and Pavement; Drainage; Alternatives Analysis
- Water Resources and Environmental: Analysis and Design; Hydraulics–Closed Conduit; Hydraulics–Open Channel; Hydrology; Groundwater and Wells; Wastewater Collection and Treatment; Water Quality; Drinking Water Distribution and Treatment; Engineering Economic Analysis
Special Offer: Buy the print version, get the E-Book version for only $50.
Click here to buy the print version and add the E-book.
Terms and Conditions: Both items must be in the shopping cart to apply the discount. This offer is not retroactive--you must purchase both the print book and the E-Book at the same time to qualify for the discount. Shipping charges will apply to the print version.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need to download device compatible e-reader software. You can use any e-reader software that is compatible with your device, such as Bluefire, Stanza, or Kobo. For best results, we suggest the Bluefire Reader app from iTunes®. Download it here.
Click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book in the Bluefire Reader.
If the Bluefire Reader app is not working well on your device, try another e-reader app.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. You will also need to download device compatible e-reader software. You can use any e-reader software that is compatible with your device, such as Better World, Cool Reader, or Aldiko. For best results, we suggest the Aldiko Book Reader from Google Play. Download it here and follow these steps:
- If you don't have an Adobe ID, you'll need to create one on the Adobe website.
- Once you have an Adobe ID, open the Aldiko Book Reader app on your Android device, then tap Settings.
- In the Settings menu, click on Adobe DRM, then enter your Adobe ID and password to authorize your Android device.
- Transfer the E-Book file to your Android device with an external SD card or internal storage.
- Open the Aldiko Book Reader, then tap on the “Files” icon.
- Locate the E-Book file(s) that you would like to import into the Aldiko Book Reader, check the box next to each of them, then tap on the “Import to Aldiko” button.
If the Aldiko app is not working well on your device, try another e-reader app.
Click here for special instructions on how to download and view your E-Book.
An Adobe ID is required to access and download E-Books. If you don't currently have an Adobe ID, please create one for free on the Adobe website. To download your E-Book to your Nook, follow these steps:
- Download the PDF or ePub file to Adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
- Connect the Nook to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
- Drag and drop the PDF or ePub from the "My Digital Editions" folder into your "My Documents" folder located in the Nook.
- Once the file(s) are added to the folder, disconnect the Nook from the computer.
- Once the Nook is disconnected, browse the Nook for the "My Library" folder. Open the "My Documents" folder to find your PDF or ePub files.
If you are unsure whether or not your device is compatible with our E-Books, check the Digital Editions Supported Devices web page and try to locate your device. If it is listed, click on its link for more information about downloading and using E-Books. If it is not listed, our E-Books will most likely not work for you.