Get the realistic practice you need to successfully prepare for the Building Design & Construction Systems division of the Architect Registration Examination (ARE) with Building Design & Construction Systems: ARE Sample Problems and Practice Exam. This edition has been updated to the 2009 International Building Code. 155 challenging sample problems are presented in the same formats as the problems on the exam, including multiple-choice, check-all-that-apply, and fill-in-the-blank. Three sample vignettes prepare you for the graphic portion of the exam. Clearly explained solutions are provided to supplement your review.
A realistic 85-problem practice exam simulates the actual exam’s content areas, length, level of difficulty, format, and use of logical distracters. The practice exam includes three vignettes covering accessibility and ramps, roof plans, and stair design, just like the actual exam does. Make Building Design & Construction Systems: ARE Sample Problems and Practice Exam an essential part of your preparation.
Realistic Practice for the Building Design & Construction Systems Division
- Downloadable PDF files, which can be can be imported into your drafting software, allow you to practice creating graphic vignette solutions.
- Practical tips for approaching the multiple choice sections, solving the vignettes, and using the vignette software help you avoid common mistakes.
- Updated codes and standards provide you with the most current ARE review materials.
ARE Sample Problems and Practice Exam will help you pass the actual exam by
- sharpening your problem-solving skills
- increasing your problem-solving speed and confidence
- enabling you to assess essential knowledge, skills, and analytical abilities
- demonstrating the most efficient problem-solving methods
Coverage of the Building Design & Construction Topics
- Codes and Regulations
- Doors, Windows, and Glazing
- Finish Materials
- Material Costs
- Moisture Protection and Thermal Insulation
- Site Planning and Design
- Vertical Transportation
- Roof Plan
- Stair Design